Compliance and Testing
The Silver Life Face Covering USPs:
- Fully compliant with the recommendations of the WHO – the only authority making recommendations for standardized use of face coverings in the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Made entirely of a silver-based fabric manufactured into our face covering using advanced 3D knitting technology. Silver is a well-known, proven, anti-microbial element.
- The textile is proven to destroy viruses, bacteria and fungi and is:
- Fully, successfully, tested against human coronavirus.
- Filters particulates with over 99.9% efficiency down to THREE microns.
- Reusable for up to 100 washes at 60 degrees C and can be hand washed.
- Fully effective when wet – unlike the existing PPE/N-95 face coverings (incl the FFP2 mask).
- The polyester component is derived from 100% recycled material.
- Meets US Environmental Protection Agency standards for disposal – the only silver- based material that does so.
- Fully adjustable in a “one-fits-all” design.
- Produced in line with international manufacturing and safety standards.
The Life Face Covering is available in black and can be “white-labelled” as necessary.
Other colours will be available early in 2021.
- Our Silver Life Face Covering is not a FFP2 mask.
- FFP2 masks are classified as a respirator and only work (and are tested) on particulates. FFP2 masks are not antiviral, antibacterial nor antifungal.
- FFP2 masks are not effective when wet.
- See the following section for further details.
Silver Life Face Covering - Accreditations
- CE Qualified as Type 2 face mask as it has met the following standards:
- Biocompatibility (ISO 10993-5)
- Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (ASTM F2101/BS EN 14683:2019)
- Determination of Breathability (Differential Pressure) (BS EN 14683:2019)
- Microbial Cleanness (ISO11737-1:2018)
- Meets th UK Health & Savety Executive criteria for:
- Metallic silver (CAS 7440-22-4) as a biocide that is under review by the HSE and, in the meantime, approval has been provided for its use as a biocidal agent, under Article 89 – transitional arrangements for biocidal products; and
- The primary function of our Silver Life Face Mask (as assessed by HSE) is to kill/control/inhibit the spread of viruses, bacteria etc, and is achieving that function through both a chemical biocidal action and a physical action. Therefore, the Silver Life Face Mask is considered biocidal and not just a physical barrier.
- The Silver Life Face Mask is protecting the user from fluid/droplets that contain bacteria/viruses.
Silver Life Textile Patents:European Patent Registration #EP 3 228 735 A1, dated October 11, 2017.
Silver Life Textile Pathogen Testing:
- ISO 18184:2019 – antiviral
- AATCC30 - antifungal
- JISL1902;2015 - antibacterial - Passed after 400 washes
- AATCC TM147- no leeching of silver from the textile
- ASTM E3160 antibacterial - >3 log reduction of the test organism compared to the control
- ASTM wk#45351 antibacterial testing 140 tests on different fabrics >3 log reduction of test organism
- ISO 22196 - antimicrobial surfaces > 3 log reduction of test organism
- Also showed no toxicity or irritants on that test.
The Silver Life Face Covering Production Standards:
Our Producer has obtained ethical system approvals and verification of:
- FSLM (3rdparty verification completed)
- SMETA (SEDEX/ ETI)
Our Producer is certified with:
- ISO 18001
- ISO 14001 – Extension received due to current pandemic
- ISO 50001 – Extension received due to current pandemic
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14064
- Responsible care program
- Zero waste to landfill program
- Waste-water tested based on ZDHC
Silver Life Textile Accreditations:
USEPA Approval, Registration #94658-1, dated January 31, 2020.
Silver Life Textile Accreditations under Review:
USFDA Application under review.
Silver Life Face Covering Production Output:
Minimum orders of 50,000 can be supplied with current production rates of 1 million face coverings per month from existing production lines. Further enhanced production will be possible depending on receipt of orders and advanced payments.
- Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for Data Protection.
- Issued GDPR Privacy Notice.